Erie Family Health Center, is currently hiring on a vacant job post of Wic Clerk (26469) based in Chicago IL. Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
Job Title: Wic Clerk (26469)
Company Name: Erie Family Health Center
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago IL
Job Link Expiry: 2022-09-27
Posted on: Vacancypaper.com
WIC Clerks perform various clerical duties in support of the WIC Program which include coordinating with other departments such as Case Management, Pediatrics, Gynecology, and Patient Benefits to identify potential patients. WIC Clerks ensures the program meets quality standards, implements positive customer service, and maintains confidential information, such as income eligibility.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Screen and Enroll eligible WIC clients in IWIC database system according to agency policies and procedures and federal, state and city requirements.
- Determine eligibility, assist the patient to accurately complete WIC forms, and ensures up-to-date documentation of all client information.
- Explain program benefits/services, eligibility requirements, and participant’s rights and responsibilities.
- Maintain, organize, and file WIC charts.
- Obtain anthropometric measures of eligible clients if not current or accurate.
- Input immunization data at time of certification.
- Maintains documentation of client contacts and education using the WIC Computer Information Management System.
- Print food vouchers; explain EBT Card use, including securing signatures on voucher stubs.
- Assist with management of EBT Card inventory.
- Void EBT Card according to procedure.
- Screen and assist with Voter Registration applications and refer clients to other services such as Case Management, Domestic Violence, Health Care Services, Food Pantries, etc.
- Process in-state and out-of-state transfers and prepare file folders.
- Generate VOC master records for transfers.
- Maintains data of new program and transfer participants for statistical purposes.
- Complete new, old, or lost WIC Identification cards.
- Pull terminated files on a monthly basis. Complete transmittal forms and label boxes for terminated files.
- Generate reports for group education schedules and daily clinic appointments.
- Provide excellent telephone service, refers all in-coming calls to appropriate person, call to reschedule clients and remind them of their appointments daily (either by phone or through Care Messaging).
- Assist in new employee training, pamphlet translating (English/Spanish), and outreach.
- Assist in cooking demos providing healthy recipes to WIC participants.
- Assist with Breastfeeding assessment and counseling.
- Responds in collaboration with WIC Nutritionist, Team Leader, and Coordinator on the day-to-day activities.
- In customer relations, can maintain a positive work atmosphere by communication in a manner that promotes understanding and cooperation with clients, co-workers and supervisor.
- Assists in completing monthly reports and annual surveys.
- Reconcile food voucher stubs and voids with the end of day (EOD) report and void log daily.
- Attends all required (Erie Family Health Center and grantors) meetings, trainings and/or in-services regarding Case management and/or WIC
- Participates in assigned health fairs, community events, and interagency program meetings promoting WIC program.
- Assists in the preparation of bulletin boards with nutrition and/or breastfeeding messages according to agency approved Nutrition plan.
- May be required to conduct WIC activities at satellite locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- High School and/or GED diploma.
- A minimum of two years of experience as data entry/customer service.
- Local Travel (when necessary)
- WIC experience preferred but not required
- Bilingual/Bicultural (Spanish) required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Bilingual fluency (English/Spanish) required (may be required to assist or work with non-English/Spanish speaking patients and/or guests).
- Cultural competency to work in a low income, minority environment.
- Have customer service experience
- Computer and time management skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and trust clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, clients, and community partners.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of self-motivation.
- Record keeping methods, practices, and procedures.
- CPR certification – must always be current.
- COVID 19 vaccination documentation required