Zenith Insurance Company, is currently hiring on a vacant job post of Underwriting Assistant based in Sarasota FL 34236. Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
Job Title: Underwriting Assistant
Company Name: Zenith Insurance Company
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sarasota FL 34236
Job Link Expiry: 2022-12-07
Posted on: Vacancypaper.com
This position can be filled in either our Sarasota or Orlando Branches
Work from Home Hybrid
Under general supervision, performs diverse clerical duties requiring knowledge and understanding of applicable underwriting procedures and policies to support professional staff. Tasks require judgment, initiative, and clear communication.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contributes to the sales process through New and renewal preparation including the collection of necessary internal and 3rd party information, review and annotation of key information, and clear communication and follow-up with agency.
- Responsible for: Prospect and customer entry and adjustments or updates, policy issuance, endorsements, policyholders correspondence, multi-state quoting, maintenance of producer files, running management or marketing reports, assist with Premium Audit issues and corrections, past due collections etc.
- Daily issuance of cancellation, rescission and reinstatement notices.
- Builds and fosters internal and external relationships in order to provide a superior underwriting product and customer service experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and partnering with underwriters and agents.
- Responsible for file completion and assisting the underwriter in prioritization of accounts
- Be fluid and flexible in tasks and procedures as direction and needs of the underwriter can change quickly and frequently.
- be involved in visits with agents or clients.
- Under supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting established procedures and policies.
- Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem has limited difficulty or complexity.
- Refers complex, unusual problems to Supervisor or Underwriter.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Works productively and harmoniously with others on a consistent basis.
- Responds positively to direction and feedback on performance.
- Consistently maintain professional and appropriate demeanor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains an openness to exposure of new ideas and processes
- assume back-up in absence of underwriter or other assistants.
- provide general guidance, training, and technical assistance to newer staff members.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience required.
- Computer literacy required.
- Strong math and reading skills required.
- Policy systems proficiency preferred.
- Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Strong skills in time management, organization, and problem solving.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on telephone and email communication.
- Demonstrated ability to readily learn and apply new information/concepts in area of practice.
*Qualifications warrant placement in a different job level*