The Walt Disney Company, is currently hiring on a vacant job post of Senior Finance Analyst Subscriber Finance based in Santa Monica CA. Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
Job Title: Senior Finance Analyst Subscriber Finance
Company Name: The Walt Disney Company
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Monica CA
Job Link Expiry: 2022-10-05
Posted on: Vacancypaper.com
The Walt Disney Company’s Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company’s direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, Disney+, and Hulu — alongside Disney’s international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
Hulu’s Finance team is seeking a strong candidate who will be an exceptional addition to our Financial Planning & Analysis team. In this role, you will contribute to Hulu’s growth, owning budgeting, forecasting and financial management of our Live TV subscription business. You will direct all reporting regarding our Live TV subscriber business and drive leading-edge insight into the commercial effectiveness of our business. As a result, you will be the lead day-to-day Finance partner for the Content, Marketing, Strategy, and Analytics teams to lead impactful user and financial analysis. The right person for this role has phenomenal analytical skills, is an excellent communicator, sets a high bar for themselves, and has a track record of success when partnering with key business operators. A successful candidate will be able to confidently navigate a rapidly evolving, dynamic environment and seek opportunities to drive efficient processes and challenge the status quo.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Support process to create accurate and reliable forecasts for the Hulu Live TV subscription business that allow for efficient business planning
- Own Live TV Programming Fee reporting and forecasting in collaboration with our Content Partnership Teams
- Support our Content Partnership Team in the renewal of programming deals with linear networks
- Work cross-functionally with key partners in Content, Marketing, Analytics, Partnerships and Strategy to develop business insights that uncover subscriber growth levers and opportunities to improve customer value
- Lead weekly reporting of Hulu subscription KPIs for senior leadership
- Support Hulu pricing, promotions, and go-to-market decision making through meticulous economic analysis, as well as lead post-launch performance analysis of new initiatives.
- Support the close and forecast processes. This includes working with Controllership and international finance teams to drive the close and forecast process as well as to understand variance drivers in both actuals and forecasts.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in Finance, ideally in subscription companies
- Prior experience in a fast paced, financially driven business environment
- Expertise in building highly complex models adjusting for a wide array of assumptions and communicating findings to executives concisely and creatively
- Demonstrated success at building strong relationships with other teams (Analytics, Marketing etc.)
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- High level of curiosity and self-motivation in digging deeper into data and trends and driving actionable insights
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate, high-quality work
- Proven ability to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree
- Focus on finance, accounting, or other quantitative field a plus