Revolution, is currently hiring on a vacant job post of Cost Accountant based in Mesquite TX. Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Company Name: Revolution
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mesquite TX
Job Link Expiry: 2022-10-04
Posted on: Vacancypaper.com
Type: Full Time
Immediate position available! Competitive pay with good benefits, and growth opportunities in a stable and safe work environment. Collaborative and positive team culture.
Revolution is hiring a Cost Accountant for its Mesquite, TX location. This role works within the finance team to provide financial support to business partners to ensure the execution of effective plant internal controls in the inventory area, the monthly closing process, and forecasting processes. Responsible for developing forecasts, performing month-end close tasks, and analyzing actual results to help provide management with clear and accurate reporting of business performance, risks, and opportunities. This position develops analytical, decision-making, and communication skills and fosters a deep understanding of the manufacturing and supply chain system. This position will report to the Business Unit Controller.
- Conduct financial cost analysis, including standard cost variance analysis.
- Assist with monthly/quarterly/annual Financial Reporting.
- Prepare cost to budget on significant projects.
- Develop inventory and job tracking systems.
- Inventory analysis.
- Margin analyses – product lines and customer.
- Work with managers to identify cost-saving and improved reporting opportunities.
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Construct systems to accumulate and monitor data.
- Prepare cost forecasts for monthly, quarterly, or annual operating schedules.
- Analyze month-end and year-end reports to identify and recommend cost-effective improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
- 2+ years of work experience as a cost accountant, analyst, or similar position.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and best practices, including basic familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience in an integrated ERP environment.
- Computer literacy skills, especially MS Excel and basic data entry and computation.
- Expertise in costing for fixed and variable costs.
- Analytical skills with a keen sense of organization and detail.
- Proven time management skills and ability to work under strict deadlines.
- A process improvement mindset.
- Respect for confidentiality of information laws and local ethics.
It’s time to redefine possible. At Revolution, we exist to empower businesses and consumers to contribute to a better future through sustainable loop plastic solutions. Our unique, circular approach results in sustainable products and services that effectively meet the needs of businesses today, while helping prepare them for tomorrow. And we’re just getting started. Learn more at revolutioncompany.com
Revolution welcomes diversity and is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories are always encouraged to apply.
#accounting #business #accountant #finance #tax #bookkeeping #smallbusiness #taxes #entrepreneur #payroll #accountingservices #cpa #taxseason #businessowner #money #incometax #accountants #audit #bookkeeper #accountingsoftware #gst #accountinglife