deep roots harvest, is currently hiring on a vacant job post of Accounting Clerk based in Mesquite NV 89027. Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Company Name: deep roots harvest
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mesquite NV 89027
Salary: $18 an hour
Job Link Expiry: 2022-09-09
Posted on: Vacancypaper.com
Reports to: Accounting Manager/Chief Financial Officer
Required Permits/Licensing/Registration: Marijuana Establishment Agent Card
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Following policies set forth by the Company, provide support through, completion of assigned clerical tasks,
supporting departmental operations, maintaining continuity and communication between multiple teams,
preparation of financial summaries, compiling and providing reports to management, participating in monthend close activities, and the reconciliation of bank statements against the general ledger.
- Handle administrative requests and clerical tasks of Executive and Accounting teams
- Support and assist in the general operations of the Accounting department
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Prepare financial summaries and provide reports to management on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Participate in month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of accounts, sales tax computations, and other accounting duties in a timely manner
- Reconcile bank statements in comparison to the general ledger
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related directives
- Other duties as assigned
- Operate under the guidelines provided by company policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and complete all given directives in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly whether verbally or in writing
- Basic understanding of compliance software and job-specific information technology
- Adherence to all industry standards set forth by Local, State, and Federal regulations.
- Capacity to work autonomously to achieve daily directives and department goals.
- Flexible work schedule required; including covering a vacant shift and/or facility issues in
- emergency situations as needed.
- Represent the company in a professional manner when communicating or interacting with all local community, state, or federal officials.
- Observe and maintain all safety procedures and protocols
- Ability to be flexible and work in various sectors of the department or company as needed and/or
- requested by their direct supervisor.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately.
- Ability to apply appropriate public relations skills in various situations and circumstances and to
- facilitate change as needed.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Must have excellent communications skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret, understand, and comply with complex statutes, ordinances, regulations, standards, and laws.
- Understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes, and organizational rules,
- regulations, directives, and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management, governmental agencies, community members, and the general public.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment, and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, and electronic mail.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Previous administrative assistance experience preferred
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience be considered, including internal experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping,
- talking, hearing, seeing, standing, sitting, bending, twisting, and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 20 pounds (50 pounds with assistance)
- Must be able to tolerate dusty, strong-smelling marijuana odors, and be able to tolerate exposure to the product.