Hillsborough County Florida
Hillsborough County Florida, is currently hiring on a vacant job post of Accountant-Financial Services/Clerk Accounts Payable (1040) based in Tampa FL. Please read the job detail carefully before applying.
Job Title: Accountant-Financial Services/Clerk Accounts Payable (1040)
Company Name: Hillsborough County Florida
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa FL
Salary: $21.11 – $33.77 an hour
Job Link Expiry: 2022-08-28
Posted on: Vacancypaper.com
Performs professional accounting duties that contribute to fiscal and financial management. The work involves maintenance and review of accounting and fiscal records and preparation of financial statements, guided by scope of responsibilities, accounting principles, tools and standards, and established policies, guidelines and procedures.
This position is primarily responsible for overseeing State reporting and remittance tasks. Employee prepares a variety of reports to support the Department of Revenue reporting requirements and remittances of funds. Reconciles associated accounts. Prepares AP management and production reports. Responsible for IRS 1099 processes and reporting. Serves as backup to the accounts payable supervisor.
*Please note: a hybrid work schedule be avilable upon completion of training*
- Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity – Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence – Takes ownership for excellence through one’s personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting prinicples and practices
- Knowledge of MS Excel at the intermediate or advanced level
- Skilled at multi-tasking and navigating frequently changing priorities
- Skilled in verbal and written communications
- Ability to interpret statutes, ordinances and administrative orders
- Ability to learn and navigate various computer programs and software
- Ability to analyze data an think critically
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Prepare Department of Revenue required reporting and remittances by the deadlines
- Prepare monthly management and agency reports
- Prepare accounts payable production reports
- Perform processes related to IRS Form 1099 reporting. Ensuring data is correct before filing with the IRS or 3rd party administrator.
- Reconciling agency and court registry accounts
- Serve as backup to the accounting supervisor as needed for invoice, journal, and wire approvals, and period end closting tasks
Performs other duties as needed, including those performed by subordinate fiscal, financial, and/or clerical staff.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or in any business-related field and three (3) years of related work experience.
An Associate degree in any business-related field with five (5) years of related work experience.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted above.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSE AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
As part of the consideration for this position, eligible candidates be required to take an Accounting assessment test.
The work is sedentary and requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects; also require crouching, manual dexterity, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive motion, speaking, standing, stooping, talking, visual acuity, and walking.
Work is performed in performed in a dynamic environment that requires incumbent to be sensitive to change and responsive to changing goals, priorities, and needs.
Classified – An employee who is appointed to a full-time classified position (including reduced hour position) and not identified as an unclassified employee. Classified employees obtain appeal rights upon successful completion of their initial probation
- Lead Accountant
- Senior Accountant
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions described herein. Since every duty associated with this position not be described herein, employees be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this job description.
: United States-Florida-Tampa
: CCC-FS-CCC Accounting
: Aug 1, 2022
: Aug 15, 2022
: 21.11 -33.77 US Dollar (USD) Hourly